Traveling is one of the leisurely things that a lot of people, if not all, take part on, and different social media platforms are quite handy when it comes to researching for travel destinations.
Social media offers numerous photos and feedback on various places from different people and places all over the world.
Twitter, for instance, can cater to that, and it even rounds up a list of most popular destinations in a year for a specific country. That includes the Philippines, which offers a wide variety of natural and man-made attractions for both local and foreign tourists to visit and enjoy.
The following attractions are Twitter’s most popular destinations in the Philippines for 2017:
10. Rizal Park – the only Manila attraction on the list.
9. Chocolate Hills – can be found in the province of Bohol in Visayas.
8. Boracay Island – was considered the “best island in the world” from a survey by international travel magazine Condé Nast Traveler.
7. Camiguin – an island province located off the northern coast of Mindanao.
6. Siargao – an island down south, which has attracted tourists because of its majestic waves for surfing.
5. Vigan – a city in the north, which is famous for its well-preserved Spanish colonial architecture.
4. El Nido, Palawan – it is famous for its limestone cliffs, white sand beaches, and beautiful coral reefs.
3. Batanes Islands – it is located in the northernmost part of the country and features picturesque landscapes and seascapes.
2. Coron, Palawan – it is famous for its aquamarine waters, shipwrecks, and huge rock formations.
1. Tubbataha Reef – it is a protected marine and bird sanctuary that can be found in the Sulu Sea.